North Ferriby Football Club, Grange Lane, HU14 3AB 01482 634601

Match Report:

North Ferriby VS Worsbrough Bridge Athletic

Urban Newton
North Ferriby FC got back to winning ways, as they beat Worsbrough Bridge 2-1 in a game that saw both teams finish with ten men.
The returning Jamie Forrester and Tom Corner got the goals on a warm, bright afternoon at the Dransfield Stadium. Drinks breaks were even needed in both halves, as the sunshine returned to East Yorkshire.

Corner was to be shown a straight red late, as was Worsbrough's Alfred Thompson on forty-six minutes.
It was a first-half of few opportunities. Chris Bolder rued his side playing too squarely when in possession last weekend, but the Villagers were more direct in their play on Saturday afternoon.
Striker Corner had two chances to note in the first forty-five.

Twice he was one-one-one with goalkeeper Harry Scott but twice he hit tamely, too comfortable for the visiting keeper.
Scott was fully tested by right-back Ben Leyland. After hitting the bar last week, the full-back hit an effort from the right edge of the Worsbrough eighteen-yardbox. Scott did really well to get across and tip it onto his left-hand post.

Referee David Sutton was not popular amongst either set of supporters as half-time arrived. There was calls that he stopped play too many times, giving fouls frequently for both sides.
And straight after the restart, the referee was at the centre of the Dransfield Stadium's attention.
Tom Corner was once again in behind the visitor's back four. It looked like he was going to shoot from the right of the six-yard-box, but he tried to roll it across for Danny Norton, who would have had an empty net.
Norton was pushed over by Alfred Thompson however. It was a goal-scoring opportunity, with no intent to play the ball, from three yards out. David Sutton had no chance but to show Thompson a straight red card.
Jamie Forrester stepped-up to take the resulting penalty, He fired high to the goalkeeper's left, who was rooted to the spot. That was in the forty-sixth minute. 
Ferriby then showed their attacking quality.

Eddie Birch missed a sitter from point-blank range after Forrester whipped a low cross from the left. 
Then Norton went close twice. He cut inside from the left, either side of the hour mark. The first he hit high, crashing against the crossbar, the second he went low, and forced a good save from Scott to his left.
The second goal came on eighty-one minutes.

Tom Corner showed good feet from close-range, then simply rolled the ball to the right of the on-rushing Scott. It nestled in the bottom corner.
As seems to have become a theme this season, Ferriby put in a fantastic second-half showing at home.
But the visitors got one back five minutes from full-time.

Dan Palmer had a free header from a free-kick from the right, and he headed across goalkeeper Lewis Exall well.
The numbers were then evened five minutes from time. Corner was shown also shown a straight red card for an elbow, as he went up to contest a high ball.
North Ferriby FC squad: Lewis Exall; Ben Leyland, James Piercy (c), Jason Mycoe, Laurence McKay; Eddie Birch, Joel Shortland, Jamie Forrester; Sam Robinson (off 64'), Tom Corner (red card 89'), Danny Norton (off 64')

Subs: Jack Clark, Jordan Douglas, James Playford (on 64'), Keane Parsons (on 64')
Attendance 275