North Ferriby Football Club, Grange Lane, HU14 3AB 01482 634601

Match Report:

North Ferriby VS Parkgate

Urban Newton
Chris Bolder's North Ferriby FC put in an exceptional second-half performance to beat Parkgate FC 1-0 at the Dransfield Stadium.
The third-placed Villagers hosted the second-placed Steelmen, with Jamie Forrester scoring the decider in a game that could turn out to be vital come the race for promotion at the end of the season. 

The first-half was a really entertaining battle between two top-quality sides, who showed why they are towards the top of the NCEL Division One table. 
Saturday's hattrick hero Tom Corner ran the channels well and linked-up with Danny Emerton a lot. 
Most of Ferriby's pressure came down the right-side, through veteran Emerton. He and Parkgate left-back Freddie Russell had some good tussles out wide.
The hosts enjoyed much of the possession, though the visitors' back four were immense. They dealt with a barrage of crosses all half, nullifying Chris Bolder's men's threats. 
Jamie Forrester ran the game for Ferriby, whilst his opposite number Simon Harrison did the same for the Steelmen.
Harrison himself went for a speculative effort on twenty-five minutes. He tried to chip keeper Lewis Exall from over thirty-five yards. It was a tame effort however, going well wide to Exall's left.
Ferriby came close ten minutes later.

Corner flicked on a Forrester corner from close across the face of goal. The Villagers then had two more consecutive corners, as they piled on the pressure, but to no avail.
Ferriby then came out the blocks tremendously after half-time, taking the lead on forty-six minutes.
Jamie Forrester received a low ball on the right corner of the six-yard box. After some neat footwork he fired low across goalkeeper Jamie Ingham.
A minute later Corner then went close. He hit the post after a fine effort from eighteen-yards out, curling one across from the right, leaving Ingham rooted to the spot. 
Substitute Tom Oliver, replacing seventeen-year-old Kieron Walker on the left wing, then caused the visitors some concern. Corner dinked him through one-on-one but he side-footed too close to Ingham on his near-post. 

The fall in the visitors' defensive excellence could’ve been due to the injury of centre-half Haydn Ward. He hobbled off just before the break, being replaced by Matt Crookes.
Nonetheless, Ferriby's second-half tempo and intensity was simply too much for Andy Dawson's side, who were not in the final forty-five at all.
With five minutes remaining, a bit of history was made at the Dransfield. Parkgate's Matthew Robinson was shown a second yellow card for dissent by referee Benn Cass. 
That did not amount in a red however, but a ten-minute sin-bin instead.

"The mood's good in and around the dressing room but we know we can be better," said captain James Piercy. "We will all work hard to be better individually and as a team. The team is gelling really well and the cohesion within the group is class. All of the lads get on really well with each other."
North Ferriby FC squad: Lewis Exall; Ben Leyland, Jack Mail, James Piercy (C), Laurence McKay; Eddie Birch, Joel Shortland, Jamie Forrester; Danny Emerton, Tom Corner, Kieron Walker (off 55')

Subs: Dan Nichols, Jordan Douglas, Louis Kirk, Tom Oliver (on 55')
Attendance: 386