North Ferriby Football Club, Grange Lane, HU14 3AB 01482 634601

Match Report:

North Ferriby VS Hallam

Football returned to Ferriby this afternoon, with North Ferriby FC coming from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Hallam FC. 
Veteran Adam Bolder scored the reformed side's first ever goal, as Ferriby's NCEL Division One campaign started with a highly respectable result. 
After some early pressure from Ferriby down the left, the first effort fell to the visitors' Will Wraith. Reece Treasure ran well down the right but Wraith fired well over from the edge of the eighteen-yard box. 

Jamie Forrester's corners were a danger all half. He found James Piercy on nine minutes but the Ferriby captain was denied. He leaped well and headed powerfully from the penalty-spot. The header beat keeper James Leverton but Macole Lannaman volleyed it off the line.
Home supporters even claimed that the ball had crossed the line. Some said it was over by as much as a foot.
That was then cleared however and Hallam went through at the other end instantly.

Treasure was one-on-one with the recently-signed Lewis Exall, and it was the goalkeeper who came out on top. He slid once to dispossess the striker, then again to clear. 
Forrester impressed all half and nearly forced a goal on twenty-five minutes. He ran past three from centre to the left wing and crossed. Lannaman was the man there to get in before Oliver however. He stooped low to turn it past the back post well.

Despite Ferriby's dominance in midfield and enjoying most the possession, it was the visitors who took the lead. 
Wraith fired a half-volley low into Exall's bottom-right corner, after Piercy failed to properly head away a long ball, just ten minutes from the interval.
The second forty-five started fairly uneventfully. Both sides failed to create anything meaningful after a high-quality first half. 
Referee Duncan Carratt had a quiet game too but he soon became full involved.

On sixty-seven minutes, Hallam's Jack McCarthy went in two-footed, off the ground on Danny Emerton down by the left corner flag. He was shown a straight red shortly after a fracas resulted in Lawrence McKay going down holding his face. Though no further punishments were given out.
The game then became alive again, with the tempo being upped. Ferriby kept pushing for an equaliser and found it on seventy-eight minutes.
Adam Bolder, an FA Trophy winner with North Ferriby United, was the man to get North Ferriby FC's first competitive goal.
The Countrymen failed to clear on numerous occasions before Bolder hit a sublime half-volley from the left of the eighteen-yard box. It flew across the keeper, kissing the inside of the post as it hit the back of the net in the top corner.

The 402-strong crowd erupted, harking back to the atmosphere of the glory days down at Grange Lane.
Ferriby were then in the ascendency yet couldn’t find a late winner.
Nonetheless, it was a fantastic performance from the Villagers against last season's third-placed side. It was a game full of lots of quality and a fantastic way for the Villagers to begin their league campaign.